In today's day and age, a persons online image almost defines them. From the sites you browse on your phone to what you say on a scial network, it's becoming increasingly easy to learn even the most intimate details of someone's life without even meeting them. For this reason, I tend to keep my online presence as minimalistic as possible. For example, I haven't updated the information on my facebook in almost 5 years and I rarely post a status. I only send work or school related emails and rarely surf the internet on my phone or personal computer. After I left my job with the NSA, I became very paranoid about anything and everything related to the internet. However, it's not a healthy habit of mine. Trying to remain off the grid makes it difficult for potential employers to find a source outside of a resume or interview to get a good opinion of you, and in this job market you need every advantage you can get.
In summary, I'm a paranoid person and try to keep my online image to a minimum.
No comments:
Post a Comment