So as is tradition, I am probably about to rant a little bit. I'm not even convinced most of you read or pay attention to what I have to say, but that's ok as these blogs are a good forum to vent. I do not mean to lump all of this class in with the general groups I write about, so please don't take offense.
Todays post is about presidents and their unfair public image. For the sake of time, I will speak specifically about Bush and Obama. Let's start with Bush. We all know how hated that man was as a president, but do we know why? "Oh he started a false war in the middle east, he was illiterate, he took us to Iraq after 9/11 even though it was a group of Saudi's and Egytpians responsible for the bombing. My dad hates George Bush, so I do too!" These are some of the most common reasons for Bush being dubbed a bad president by the masses. But think about it from his point of view. His presidency was a lose-lose situation. He was not a bad president because of the choices he made. He was "bad" due to unfortunate circumstances. The hijackers from 9/11 were a small radical group not operating out of their respective countries, so there was nothing to be gained from going into either. Reports were given to the Bush administration detailing WMD's (weapons of mass destruction) traveling through Iraq. Bush reacted and dispatched troops. What we found was a government devoid of conscience ruling the nation with an iron fist. Between violating almost every basic human right, oppressing the masses, embezzling most foriegn aid being sent to the country, violating the geneva convention, and commiting war crimes (along with possessing a potetially large nuclear threat), America would have been a laughingstock in the international community. America would also have exposed itself and the world to a massive threat. How would you have responded had you been in his shoes?
Now This rant is getting a bit long I will cut it off short. The only thing I have to say on Obama is that I do believe he is a "bad" president. Not for the reasons you will see spouted out of every media source or from your friends and co workers. I will get in to that in either the comments or my next post. Until then think on this... If you dislike Obama, why? What makes him a poor president?
No comments:
Post a Comment