Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Writing in a group
So for our first document we are writing in a group. I have to say I am not really a fan. Before I give my reasons why though I'd like to first point out the positive aspects of it. For one, it does help students get to know each other. I find that in academic situatiuons, complete strangers are less likely to reach out to each other if they need help. This gives people a chance to break the ice and get to know each other, which facilitates group stdy sessions and even friendships that can extend beyond the classroom. However, from my personal point of view, I don't like to rely on other people for a portion of my grade or even for my schedule. I like to be in complete control of the events going on in my life, so I have never been keen on group work. If Ihave a project I can set my own timeline and know that I will get it done when it needs to be done. Writing in a group though you have to plan around other peoples schedules, writing styles, dedication to the work, willingness to be punctual, etc. I don't find myself trusting enough in other people to get what they need done when they need it done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I 100% agree on the not wanting to rely on someone for a portion of your grade. While I am all for teamwork and looking out for people, that is usually in a setting with people I trust and not strangers thrown together for 90 minutes twice a week.
ReplyDeletei completely agree with you i think everyone likes working by them selves for the most part!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree! Putting two or three people thoughts and ideas together on one paper sounds like chaos.. I definitely like depending on my own grade and like writing my own papers, to mix every ones words together is going to be tough. Well, for the sake of professor Hamons instructions we're just going to have to get by for now right?! Hopefully everything will go smooth.. Good luck with your paper peach
ReplyDeleteThis is the truth right there. Great job
ReplyDeleteI agree 110%. This summary is very detailed and explains directly about the point given
ReplyDelete