Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Impatience for new books...

Hello again. Today I'd just like to talk about books. My favorite past time besides ranting about politics, reading the news, or watching sports is reading. I have read well over 5 thousand different books up until now, and the number is constantly growing. Right now, my tastes have strayed towards the fantasy genre. My favorite complete series was the 14 book epic called "The Wheel of Time" by the late Robert Jordan. I haven't had as much time to read as I would like the last 2 years, so I only managed to complete that series, a few smaller series, and I began a new series. My book count is only around 40 in the last 2 years. That leads me to my next point, as that was a bit of a tangent not really relevant to what's on my mind.

The "new" series I have been reading is called "The Stormlight Archive" by Brandon Sanderson, which was released in 2010. So far it is only 2 books of 1000 pages each, and in total it is meant to finish out at 10 books (I wish it would be more as this is too short for such an elaborate story, but I digress). But these books are amazing. I have read them 3 times each while waiting for the next one to be released. The wait though may actually drive me insane... It's been over a year and a half since the last book was released, so I began reading Sanderson's other series to fill time in. However, as amazing as these books also are, and as much as I enjoy the temporary respite from my impatient wait for book three, they don't compare. Nor do they bring closure to the questions about stormlight that are burning a hole in my head. The next book is meant to be released in october tentatively and I'm going crazy waiting for this. Does anyone have any suggestions for books that can fill my free time after this quarter is over? I am open to most genres that are not romance and would very much appreciate some suggestions as I haven't had time to search for new titles recently.

2 comments:

  1. I am also a bookworm... I FELL completely in love with reading so young. One of my favorite writers is Harlan Coben. I love his books, with his Myron Bolitar books being my favorite.

    ReplyDelete